Thursday, April 30, 2009

Homemade Product Evangelizing

I am having an imaginary conversation in my head with a good friend of mine. I had just given her a jar of my homemade laundry soap and was telling her how to make more, if she likes it.

She said, "Grating that bar of soap sounds like a lot of work."

We couldn't finish our conversation because her kids were climbing on our heads, so I'll finish it now.

It takes about thirty seconds to grate a bar of soap. Compare that to hauling a huge box of laundry soap home at least once a month. What if you could buy a few simple, basic, safe, inexpensive ingredients once a year and have everything you need to clean your house?

Compare a few minutes of grating or mixing to hauling boxes of laundry soap, softener, dishwashing detergent, counter spray, oven cleaner, bathroom cleaner, floor cleaner, shampoo, conditioner, bath soap, and deodorant?

What if you didn't have to haul all that stuff around in a grocery cart, wait in line to pay for it, load it in the car, haul it into the house and then find room to store it at your house? What if you didn't have to haul the empty boxes and bottles to the trash?

I know you're busy, my good friend, with kids and all. But this is easier, not harder. When have you ever known me not to take the easy way out when it comes to housework?

I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment